Good morning! Here's all the feminist news on our radar today.
• Did England's Queen come out in support of gay rights? Well, not specifically. [Guardian]
• Senators drafting immigration reform bill finally agree on one thing: The bill needs to offer legal status to the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants currently in the country. [LA Times]
• Alaska Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski added a special exclusion to the Violence Against Women Act that bars 229 Alaskan tribes from getting help under the act. Since when do senators want fewer benenfits for their constituents? [Anchorage Daily News]
• Ruth Bader Ginsburg! The New Yorker has a long profile of the Supreme Court "heavyweight" who has been a legal force for equality. [New Yorker]
• With traditional social structures around dating and marriage in China dissolving, the process of finding a spouse has become a bizarre commercial transaction that puts The Bachelor to shame. [New York Times]
• Yesterday was national Thank an Abortion Provider Day! I bet they'd still appreciate some thanks a day late. [Feministing]
• Writer Zerlina Maxwell managed to use a guest spot on FOX News to critique rape culture. [Colorlines]
• What's next for Susan Rice? Maybe a spot as Obama's national security adviser. [Guardian]
• New film Spring Breakers is garnering a lot of attention for two of its female leads: former "squeaky clean" Disney stars who are flipping to the other side of the sexual continuum. [New York Times]
What did I miss? Add it to the comments!
Adult Sex Toys
Receive a monthly B-Mail in your inbox for special updates, deals, and news from Bitch Media
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!