Here's all the feminist news we're reading today:
• These maps showing the lack of quality sex education standards nationwide are just depressing. [Huffington Post]
• Just as a reminder, there's no real intellectual defense of sexual harassment. [Feministing]
• Beloved pie-and-coffee glorifying TV show Twin Peaks turns 24 this week and Bitch contributor Sarah Marshall has a great essay about Laura Palmer and the trope of "dead girl mysteries" on TV. [New Republic]
• Students accepted to Dartmouth College are about the see some shocking ads: Anti-sexual violence group Ultraviolet isrunning online ads that point out the school's poor handing of sexual assault cases. [Ultraviolet]
• Poets—and especially writers of color—are using social media as a way to get their writing to audiences beyond the regular literary scene. [NPR Codeswitch]
• Meet Derrick Gordon, the first out gay male NCAA basketball player. [Racialicious]
• And because our sex education in schools is lacking, here's a sex therapist with five pieces of actually helpful advice to improve your sex life. [xoJane]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Adult Sex Toys
Be the Change Fair Trade Products
Receive a monthly B-Mail in your inbox for special updates, deals, and news from Bitch Media
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!