Here's what's on our radar today!
• Chicago Public Schools have mandated sex education for kindergarten students. For 30 minutes per month, students will learn about bullying, correct names for body parts, and appropriate and inappropriate touching. [Clutch]
• Wondering how not to publish an article that contributes to rape culture? Here's a handy guide for editors. [ThinkProgress]
• After 35 years of trying, Diana Nyad completed the 103 mile swim from Cuba to Florida at age 64. [SDGLN]
• The Lusty Lady, a unionized strip club in San Francisco, has closed its doors. Former employee Lily Burana remembers her time working there. [The Atlantic]
• A new documentary, Ukraine Is Not A Brothel, claims that the protest group FEMEN (best known for their topless protests) was founded and controlled by a man. [The Independent]
• While the wage gap may be decreasing in the general work force, it's increasing in health care. Female doctors earn $50,000 less than their male counterparts. [The Washington Post via Feministing]
• Here's how not to respond to Indigenous experiences of racism in Canada, spurred by the continued use of the word "redskin" by football leagues. In related news, the Sports Illustrated microsite The MMQB will no longer be using the word on their site. [Rabble.ca and CBS]
• And Louis Vuitton has "pulled an Urban Outfitters" by billing this pair of fancy shoes as "Navajo Moccasins".
What did we miss? Add what you're reading in the comments!
Goodmorning Bitch readers! Here's some feminist news to kick start your day.
Check out more news tomorrow!
Adult Sex Toys
Receive a monthly B-Mail in your inbox for special updates, deals, and news from Bitch Media
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!