The Five Weirdest Parts of the New "A Little Bit of Heaven" Trailer
I'm a Peter Dinklage fan, so this morning's Vulture headline "Let's Discuss Peter Dinklage in the Trailer for Kate Hudson's Cancer Romcom" caught my attention right away. "Why is Peter Dinklage starring in something labeled a 'Cancer Romcom'?" I thought. "That seems weird."
Turns out, my man Dinklage is far from the weirdest part of this trailer, which was recut and re-released today. From a tone that makes no sense to top billing for an actor who doesn't even appear until the final five seconds, I'm having a hard time making sense of this project. Let's take a look, shall we?
- OK, maybe Dinklage isn't the weirdest part of this trailer, but his character still seems like a red flag. He's a prostitute, right? Are we supposed to laugh at him and the idea that—on her death bed—Kate Hudson might pretend to have sex with him? And why is his nickname THE TITLE OF THE MOVIE?
- The lightheartedness of the music and editing in the first half of the trailer is completely at odds with the voiceover. That guy sounds like he's straight out of Human Centipede 3. Doesn't quite work with Kate Hudson throwing her head back and laughing while biking through the colorful streets of New Orleans.
- Yes, Kate Hudson is playing the same character she plays in every movie (cute, bubbly, all over the place yet still somehow a very successful ad exec) but could she really be so carefree that she wouldn't remember sleeping with her doctor? Even if he was GAEL GARCIA BERNAL?
- A bulldog in New Orleans? With that humidity? Doubtful.
- Whoopi Goldberg is in this movie?! Why isn't she in the trailer? And guess who IMDB tells me she's playing? GOD. So I guess the title of the movie is literally referring to Heaven and not just alluding to Peter Dinklage's penis.
Help me out here folks. Did this trailer make any sense to you? Anyone?
Comments9 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous (not verified)
Sander (not verified)
jene (not verified)
katherina (not verified)
Marymary (not verified)