Some SOPA Links to Help You Tell Congress to Shove it
Since you are currently online, you've no doubt noticed that SOPA (don't worry, you can click on the link—it's one of the only Wikipedia sites that isn't blacked out today) is the talk of the Internet. More specifically, people are speaking out against SOPA and PIPA and the threat it poses to a free(ish) and open Internet. We content lovers here at Bitch are decidedly against SOPA, and if you are too, here are some links to more information about what you can do (and a cartoon of a koala humping a goat, but it's relevant I promise!):
Us too, pal. Us too.
- End Piracy Not Liberty: Google's petition "urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late." (They make it easy to share with your social networks once you sign so you can let your friends know what's up.)
- The Oatmeal's SOPA cartoon: The aforementioned goat-koala coupling is used to illustrate the potential damage of SOPA and PIPA. It's funny I swear.
- The Story Behind the SOPA Blackout: Mother Jones' coverage of today's SOPA happenings (including newsworthy updates as they occur).
- What Is SOPA? Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know: Colorlines lets you know how all of this affects YOU, the Internet user.
- An open letter to Washington from Artists and Creators from Stop the Wall. Check to see if any artists you support are speaking out against SOPA. Yay
Tom HaverfordAziz Ansari!
- Wikipedia Congress Lookup: Makes it easy to contact your representatives and let them know your thoughts on SOPA. You can also phone your representative here.
- The cross-stitchers at Steotch have a surprisingly great links roundup (surprising only in that they aren't an expressly political site, not that they don't care about SOPA) and they also have a SOPA-fied House cross-stitch for you:
What are you reading/doing about SOPA and PIPA today? Let us know in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Jacob (not verified)
JaneQPublic (not verified)