Political InQueery: The Where Are They Now? Round-up
We've taken a look at the past these past two months. It's like looking at a star, shining brightly from some other corner of the galaxy; by the time the light reaches our eyes, a hell of a lot of time has passed. Okay, it's not like that at all. Many of these stories are more like train wrecks—ugly, despicable, and very messy, with many bodies left as aftermath. But no two moments have been the same.
Feel free to take a look back at the characters—I mean, Congresspeople and Senators—who have fleeted across this lens, but in rough summary:
- Gary Condit is hiding in Arizona. This must mean he's not afraid of the citizenship police.
- Oliver North has a healthy career as an extreme right commentator, though can't seem to get a job in the Senate.
- Phyllis Schlafly's legacy is secured as an anti-gay zealot. One son has wrenched the mantle from her hands with Conservapedia, a.k.a. the funniest joke on politics on the Web.
- G. Gordon Liddy is a bestselling author and continues to instill fear in the hearts of many, including myself, with his outlook on the world.
- Kwame Kilpatrick is in prison, and it will be a while before he's paid all of his fines off.
- Bob Packwood has a consulting business that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
- John Ensign is hey, still working!
To those in Congress who didn't have their moment in the Political InQueery sun, don't think you got off scott free. And speaking of scott free, anyone notice that only one person here is doing time?
Final Bitch blog post to come on Friday. It's been great, folks. But I won't say goodbye just yet.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)