On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Happy Friday! Here's all the news on my radar.
• This is classic: A Missouri lawmaker files suit to personally exempt his wife and daughter from Obamacare's contraception coverage. [Feministing]
• No, "gay panic" is not a legitimate excuse for murder. The American Bar Association officially ruled out the argument that someone is terrified of a gay person coming onto them as a valid defense of murder. [Autostraddle]
• More good-but-long-overdue news: The Pentagon extends marriage benefits to gay couples serving in the military. Don't forget that "don't ask, don't tell" still exists for trans* folks, though. [Guardian]
• Will black actresses ever catch up to their peers? [Slate]
• The news roundup yesterday included news of Russell Simmons' parody sex tape of Harriet Tubman, but here's another take from A Belle in Brooklyn. [A Belle in Brooklyn]
• Should America ditch the Russian 2014 Olympics because the Russian government is so stridently anti-LGBT? [Advocate]
• Ah, yes, another day of hate-watching Fox News coverage of trans* issues. [Salon]
• MeowCon looked into the numbers of women in music and came up with this moderately depressing infographic:
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments5 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)