On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Hope you had a great, safe 4th! Have some orange juice and read what's on our radar this morning after....
• Crunk Feminist Collective cofounder Brittney Cooper considers the meaning of Independence Day in a painful new light after sharing her flight home for the holiday with a racist seatmate. [Salon]
• An Afghan court has reversed the covictions of three adults found guilty in 2012 of the attempted murder of a 13-year-girl whom they had imprisoned and tortured after she refused to consummate her forced marriage to the adults' older male relative. [New York Times.]
• Trayvon Martin's mother's testimony in the trial of George Zimmerman is exactly as heartbreaking as you'd expect. [NPR]
• "Men want what they want. We should all lighten up." Roxane Gay's essay on America as a culture that caters above all to male desire and expects women to either get on board or be left behind is a must-read. [Salon]
• And finally, on a lighter note, please enjoy the fact that Brazilian artist Bruna Salvador Conforto created a tiny version of Gilmore Girls town Stars Hollow out of paper. [Huffington Post]
What are you reading?
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Didgebaba (not verified)
Ms Kitty (not verified)
Mello (not verified)
Edward Nelson (not verified)
Anonymous823 (not verified)