On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Here's what we're reading today!
• Prism and the NSA spying program could disproportionately target and affect immigrants and people of color. [Colorlines]
• Success! A study credits the HPV vaccine with lowering the prevalence of the sexually transmitted infection in the United States. [New York Times]
• Georgia Representative Phil Gingrey argues that in order to prevent same-sex marriage, schools should teach young children about traditional gender roles. [Huffington Post]
• The Texas Senate passed a bill that would effectively eliminate abortion access in the state. [Raw Story]
• In other anti-abortion news: the leader of Personhood Ohio is selling his assault rifles and ammo to raise money for the group. [RH Reality Check]
• Is there a male media gaze? Jessica Valenti examines how the media profiles influential women. [The Nation]
• Awesome activism: FORCE, as part of the group's campaign to build a national monument for survivors, has created a website for survivors to share their stories. [The Monument Project]
Add what you're reading in the comments.
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
HP (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Anonymous1 (not verified)
Shakinboots (not verified)