On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar today!
• Congress is poised to actually pass some moderate immigration reform. That's good news: the reform bill's path to citizenship for immigrants would help women's economic security. [RH Reality Check]
• Whoa there, Serena Williams. In a new Rolling Stone profile, the tennis star sounds off on the Steubenville rape case in a way that thoroughly blames the victim. Williams followed up with a statement apologizing. [Racialicious]
• Do you want fries with your wage theft? A recent major study found that 40 percent of fast food joints fail to pay their workers minimum wage or overtime. [Colorlines]
• The Republican-controlled US House of Representatives passed a bill that bans abortions after 20 weeks, but it's a largely symbolic gesture since there's no way it will pass the Democrat-dominated Senate. [Shakesville]
• Hello Nitza Quiñones Alejandro, the first openly gay Latina federal judge! [The Advocate]
• Black Girl Dangerous put together a short list of eight ways not to be an ally to people of color. [Black Girl Dangerous]
• Ah, American Apparel marketing. There are some vague differences between how the company markets its "unisex" clothing to men and women. [Enblomigtekopp]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)