On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Happy Wednesday Bitch readers! Here's what on our radar today:
- Progress! Multnomah County, Oregon becomes one of the first in the nation to require gender-neutral bathrooms in all new construction projects. [Oregon Live]
- In Las Vegas, a cop sexually assaults a woman then arrests her for protesting. [8newsnow]
- Lady-loving ladies: Autostraddle presents 150 years of epic photos. [Autostraddle]
- Why the feminist movement needs to center a trans feminist take on gender, and recognize that woman ≠ vagina. [Feministing]
- You Can Touch My Hair: a recent public art exhibit in New York City brings attention to the hair-touching phenomenon and its troubling, racist history. [Racialicious]
- There are only 16 states in the US where you can't get fired for being transgender, but the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) could change that if passed this year. [Huffington Post]
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Latchmie (not verified)
Maggie88 (not verified)
I wasn't talking about Nicole's advice (not verified)
Pop Culture Enthusiast (not verified)