On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Happy Wednesday! Here's some of the news that's on our radar today:
- Putting Rosie back in the kitchen? Cleaning product company Swiffer responds to recent outrage at their appropriation of Rosie the Riveter in their ads, and claim they are working to remove the image. [Think Progress]
- Dying Salvadorian woman denied the right to a life-saving abortion recieves a C-section and lives. [Think Progress]
- The maternity package: Finnish Goverment's "gift to mothers" is a factor in country's low infant mortality rate. [BBC News]
- Now that Facebook's new policy confronting rape culture is under way, here's a guide on how to report gender-based hate speech. [WAM]
- Obsession wth plastic surgery and Western beauty standards in South Korea compels this one woman, deemed "too tall, too fat, and too dark" to leave the country. [Daily Mail]
- Earlier on Jezebel, comedian Lindy West explains how rape-jokes and rape culture go hand-in-hand, and another strangely rejects her argument and calls Jezebel a woman-hating site. [Jezebel]
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
April (not verified)
imaybemeesh (not verified)
Belle (not verified)
urs dring (not verified)
Amanda Tom (not verified)