On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Welcome to the week! Here's all the feminist news on our radar:
• Pussy Riot's imprisoned activist Maria Alyokhina has ended her hunger strike, saying Russian prison authorities are meeting some of her demands. [Guardian]
• Female senators are raking military leaders over the coals, demanding real and major action on sexual assault in the military. Good on 'em. [New York Times]
• Ugh. Research digs into how many men try to trick or force their partners into becoming pregnant. [RH Reality Check]
• Charting the impact of "Everyday Sexism": After a year, the project to collect stories of everyday harassment and discrimination is now provoking change among both individuals and at least one police department. [New York Times]
• Five reasons to love WNBA star Brittney Griner. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
• What can straight folks learn from same-sex marriage? [The Atlantic]
• Aw, nice! This year's LGBT pride parade in Salt Lake City included a contingent of 400 Mormons. [Gay Star News]
What did I miss? Add your links to the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous_2 (not verified)
ALLTorrentPlayer (not verified)
Carolyn (not verified)
Peggy Doherty (not verified)