On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news I'm reading today. What's on your radar?
• The National Conference of Black Lawyers criticizes the FBI's continued hunt for "most wanted woman" Assata Shakur. [Feminist Wire]
• How Star Trek failed on LGBT issues. [Wired]
• When will the military reach "the tipping point" on rape and actually try to change? [Salon]
• Speaking of the military, here's one female veteran's gripping video about dealing with PTSD. [New York Times]
• The Mindy Project has solid, complex characters of color, while so many shows tend toward stereotypes. [Racialicious]
• In the opposite of the Abercrombie and Fitch firestorm, H&M uses a plus-size model and thinks it's no big deal. [xoJane]
• Is "When did you decide to be straight?" a question that makes sense? One writer says no. [Cori Wong]
• In all the hubbub around Angelina Jolie's mastectomy, one woman explains why she didn't want to get tested for the BRCA gene.
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
19battlehill (not verified)
Lindsay Anne (not verified)
HartWright (not verified)
Trapse (not verified)