On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Happy V-Day Bitch Lovers!
- This V-Day, show your solidarity in ending gender-based violence by joining One Billion Rising – a worldwide anti-rape protest. To find a rising happening near you today, take a look at the handy dandy event finder. [One Billion Rising]
- Maybe being 'single' today is actually a site of radical queer resistance. Check out this post-colonial/queer Single's Manifesto, it might make you not feel so bad. [Queer Libido]
- Meanwhile, in non V-Day related news, college health plans are finally starting to cover transition related surgeries.[NY Times]
- It's not every day giant corporations such as Victoria's Secret get hijacked by savvy feminist groups in an anti-rape campaign, so we felt it necessary to interview the brains behind operation Pink Loves Consent. Bitch web editor Sarah Mirk interviews Baltimore's FORCE collective. [Bitch Media]
- The beginning of a sexual revolution? Or more heteronormative, sexist shenanigans? Guess we should have seen this one coming - Facebook's latest app: Bang With Friends. [DNA India]
- Judith Butler's talk last week at Brooklyn College about using boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) to protest the state of Israel's policies toward Palestine spurs massive controversy. [The Feminist Wire]
- Good grief. North Carolina is actually considering passing a bill that could send women to prison for going topless in public. [ABC News]
- To end on a more hopeful note, according to The Guardian, women across the globe are joining forces in unprecedented ways to combat sexual violence. [The Guardian]
That's all for today friends! Let us know if we missed anything in the comments.
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Seth (not verified)
Green_Apples (not verified)