On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Hello Monday! All of these articles are ones worth reading.
• Sexism and the Single Murderess: Frank Bruni attacks the rampant and obvious sexism of the case against Amanda Knox. [New York Times]
• Pregnancy Resource Centers are part of a missionary movement that markets itself as saving black babies. [Colorlines]
• One hundred angry, hundred men are still on hunger strike in Guantanamo. Will the US ever shut the prison down? [New Yorker]
• GLAAD awarded Bill Clinton the honor of "Advocate for Change"—pretty strange for a man who passed DOMA and Don't Ask, Don't Tell. [Atlantic]
• Politicians are always demanding an end to violence in video games. Researchers made a giant graphic of how much gun violence is actually in games. [Guardian]
• What do people see as "consent" in sex? Check out this scene of maybe consent in The Vampire Diaries. [Sociological Images]
• A fan jumped onstage during a Kitty Pryde concert and started going down on rapper Danny Browne. People aren't treating it like a sexual assault, but they should be. [Feministing]
• Race in Iron Man 3: Who is this villainous Mandarin? [Racialicious]
What are you reading? Add more links to the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)