On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news that caught my eye today!
• Nooobama! The president's administration moved yesterday to challenge the science-backed decision to make Plan B available over-the-counter to girls under 15. [New York Times]
• Climate change hurts women. Does anyone care? [Grist]
• Seattle's May Day protests last night turned into a mess, complete with tear gas and dozens of police. Here's a rundown of what happened. [The Stranger]
• Survey says: Doctors aren't mean to fat patients, but just nicer to thin ones. [Jezebel]
• The New York State GOP is blocking a bill backed by the governor that would reaffirm the right to abortion. [NYTimes City Room]
• Mountain Dew yanks an absurd ad that manages to make light of sexual assault and stereotype Black men all in the name of selling soda. [Mediaite]
• Remembering the Catholic reform homes for girls: A survivor of the Magdalene Laundries tells her story. [Washington Times]
• More on Femen's "topless jihad": One writer argues for why it was right. [Atlantic]
What did I miss? Add it to the comments!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
eva343535 (not verified)
MMS (not verified)
B (not verified)
SayMyNameYouKnowWhoIAm (not verified)
Lee (not verified)