On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Happy May Day everyone! Here's what's on our radar.
- "Latina feminist," not just "feminist." On why today's modern, "mainstream" feminism has yet to prove its commitment to anti-racist projects and transnational movements. [The Feminist Wire]
- Five-year old girl in India is killed by rape. Trigger Warning.[The Guardian]
- For more extremely depressing news, read here about the recent murder of Ci Ci Dove, a trans women in Cleveland.[Advocate]
- Have you been looking for a body-positive magazine written by feminist, queer-friendly women who don't take themselves too seriously? Welcome to Ms. Fit. [Autostraddle]
- Ok, we're still talking about it cause it's so ridiculous. Female athletes have been out for decades: and here's a timeline to prove it. [BuzzFeed]
- The pursuit of more representation of diversity in comics - an admirable, intersectional attempt or just plain old tokenism? [Policymic]
- Help back this project and kickstart Assigned Sex, a documentary film tackling gender role stereotypes from trans perspectives. [Kickstarter]
Tune in tomorrow morning for more feminist news!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Mikey Prizmich (not verified)
Incinerador de Grasa (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Tiffany (not verified)
Kate L (not verified)