On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Goodmorning and happy almost weekend! Here's the news we've been reading at the Bitch HQ:
- Neuroplasticity is kind of amazing. And this story about a quadriplegic man who learns to orgasm through his thumb is one example of how sex can be so much more than what we think it can if we just open our minds. [Huffington Post]
- Progress! New driver ID policy in Idaho allows trans people to correct the gender marker on their IDs without having to show proof of surgery. [Advocate]
- Ugh. According to The Globe and Mail it will take 228 YEARS to close the gender gap in pay in Canada at the pace it's going. [The Globe and Mail]
- "Leftover" women? In China, attitudes are shifting around the status of unmarried women. [NY Times]
- Another reminder that as an ally one of the most important things we can do is listen. [Everyday Feminism]
- No human is illegal. Drop the 'I' word and sign the pledge today. [Colorlines]
- Sign the petition to boycott MWMF, a women's music festival that is openly excluding trans women from participating. [Change.org]
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
www.cellphonesegment.com (not verified)
www.1-tuch.com (not verified)
www.segmenters.com (not verified)
[email protected] (not verified)
Miles (not verified)