On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Goodmorning everyone! Here's a sample of the news we've been reading at the Bitch HQ.
- Were you told in school that if you took birth control, your mother probably hates you? Well the high schoolers at George Washington High were, and this one rad student spoke out. [Think Progress]
- The new Dove ad: some love it, some hate it. It's certainly not without its problems, and this feminist blogger explains why. [Jazzy Little Drops]
- If you're thinking of moving to another city or want to appreciate the one you are already in, here's a list of the top 10 best-paying cities (in the US) for women. [USA Today]
- To add insult to injury, this one trans woman in Georgia that was incarcerated for allegedly exposing her breasts in public was placed and harassed in the men's ward. Unfortunately this story happens all the time, but it's still one worth reading. [Advocate]
- If you're in New Jersey today and tomorrow, you're in luck! Why? Because there's a conference happening at Rutgers University on Trans Politics and Strategies for Social Change. [Institute for Research on Women]
Have strong feelings about an article posted? Share them in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Didgebaba (not verified)
Ms Kitty (not verified)
Mello (not verified)
Edward Nelson (not verified)
Anonymous823 (not verified)