On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Here are my picks of the most interesting feminist news of the morning. Enjoy! And add links I missed to the comments.
• An artist removes Barbie's makeup! [Sociological Images]
• Guantanamo detainees are still on hunger strike. Here, one detainee writes an essay on how Guantanamo is killing him. [New York Times]
• The tax law of marriage encourages dual-income couples to not get hitched, but incentivizes marriage for couples with only one income. Does that make any sense? [New York Times]
• Meanwhile, Uruguay legalized same-sex marriage! [Autostraddle]
• Speaking of which, marriage is great, but many LGBT people of color could really use some job security, too. [Colorlines]
• With some Republicans' reversal on same-sex marriage, the GOP is losing some of its homophobic base. [Towleroad]
• Here are 18 illustrated responses to street harassment, including a bunch of great comics. [Buzzfeed]
• This weekend in heartthrob relations: Justin Beiber visits Anne Frank's house and wishes she could have been a Beleiber. [Racialicious]
• First to Die: On race and horror in Evil Dead. [Feminist Wire]
• Rookie rounds up the best coming-of-age movies for teens. Oh, the nostalgia. [Rookie]
• Ooooo! Absurdly sexist Avengers shirts! [Feministing]
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Brenda (not verified)
The7thDraconian (not verified)
clara (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Russgray (not verified)