On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
The barista just asked what my plans for the weekend are. "Make it through today," I replied. It's been a tough week, and today's news isn't any better. Check out what's going on around the internet:
• Women belong at tech conferences. Technology consultant Adria Richards called out sexual jokes at a tech conference—and thenshe was fired amid the resulting backlash. Shakesville spells out why that's screwed up. [But You're a Girl, Shakesville]
• Thou shalt not teach sexual health and HIV prevention: Tennessee Republican state senators find a really important, dangerous threat to address. [Guardian]
• Who will win the March Madness anti-women's bracket?! There is so much competition. [Mother Jones]
• Still imprisoned, still without trial: Reportedly, 130 detainees at Guantanamo are on hunger strike. [Guardian]
• What's the trouble with Justin Timberlake's appropriation of black music? [Colorlines]
• And one bit of heartwarming news: Skateboarder Hillary Thompson is transgender and proud—and a rad skater. [Jenken Mag]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!