On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Half-way through the week and here's what we've been reading up on for the day:
- Are you also upset about CNN's coverage of the Steubenville rape case? Sign this petition and demand an apology. [Change.org]
- 50 years following Gideon v. Wainwright, the decision to allow defendants the right to council hasn't brought justice-for-all as some hoped it would. [Colorlines]
- Move over, Westboro Baptist Church. There are some new neighbors in town, and their freshly painted, rainbow-colored house outshines yours. [Salon]
- You've hopefully already read about some gay YA in our latest issue, Pulp. But here's an article about the rise of the genre and a new book, Two Boys Kissing, (and its very literal cover) that's creating quite the stir. [xoJane]
- Lima's first female mayor, Susana Villaran, successfully secures her position in recall vote. [BBC]
- Molly Wood responds to the sexist, stereotypical depiction of women in Samsung's GS4 launch. [CNET]
- Trigger Warning: Jaymee Cuti tackles the topic of self-induced abortions in this 7-minute segment. [Destination DIY]
That wraps up today's news roundup, but there's more where that came from! Be sure to check back tomorrow for more news to read up on. Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments.
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
eva343535 (not verified)
MMS (not verified)
B (not verified)
SayMyNameYouKnowWhoIAm (not verified)
Lee (not verified)