On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Good morning! Here's the list of feminist news we're reading this Tuesday.
• Over 700 people have signed our letter demanding five changes at the Oscars. You in?
• In case you need a reminder of what went wrong at the awards show, read the New Yorker's piece about the "ugly, hostile" night. [New Yorker]
• House Republicans are trying to water down the Violence Against Women Act to strip new protections from LGBT folks who face domestic violence. [Mother Jones]
• But some good news is that other Republicans are signing a brief in support of same-sex marriage! [New York Times]
• Justice Sonia Sotomayor calls out a racist statement by a prosecutor, in a rare act for the Supreme Court. [Jezebel]
• Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer says employees can no longer work from home, which will certainly make parenting harder. [xoJane]
• Ah, the good old days. When Catholic colleges were in favor of birth control. [Ms.]
• What do high heels say about class? [Sociological Images]
* And just for fun, an interview with the Walking Dead's Laurie Holden. [Vulture]
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Sonya (not verified)
Follow (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
SweetMintyChuy (not verified)