On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Good morning! Hopefully you're recovering from spending four long hours watching the Oscars last night. Gah! Here's your list of feminist news for today.
• The White Male Vote: The NYTimes put together this composite picture of the 117 men who will vote for the next pope. Not surprising! [NYTimes]
• Most mass shootings don't get national headlines—they're domestic violence situations where the victims are women and family members. [AlterNet]
• Women's groups in Britain are petitioning to change sexist coverage in the nation's infamous tabloids. [Change.org]
• The Oscars were pretty "bro-tastic." [Feministing]
• Satricial newspaper The Onion has finally discovered a line not to cross: their tweet joking that beloved actress Quvenzhane Wallis is a "cunt" quickly got deleted. This is the only time I can remember The Onion issuing an apology. [Daily Beast + Slate]
• Actually, it seems like a lot of people have beef with the nine-year-old for some reason. [Racialicious]
• Over on Jezebel, one feminist porn star tells her story about how she got into the business. [Jezebel]
• The show Scandal seems to actually have a good female, African-American lead character. [Bitch Flicks]
• An interesting forum over on Colorlines: Does Beyonce need to talk about her blackness? [Colorlines]
• Facebook exec Sheryl Sandberg wants to be the "pom pom girl for feminism," but columnist Maureen Dowd notes that critics say her vision is a bit elitist. [NYTimes]
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Tatiana6 (not verified)
Andrew DM (not verified)
jes3ica (not verified)
anon (not verified)