On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
• Hey! The Pope said the church should not "interefere spiritually" with LGBT people. Baby steps. [Autostraddle]
• Meanwhile, some Muslims are pushing their religion to be more accepting of LGBT folks—and they're having some success. [Advocate]
• Birth control shouldn't be a political issue, since it has the power to save the world. [Salon]
• I hadn't heard of the new book Warrior Princess, about an American girl who travels to Africa and tries to become a Masai warrior, but Masai women certainly have something to say about it. [TMS Ruge, via Jezebel]
• An imprisoned member of Pussy Riot is on hunger strike to protest the brutal conditions in her penal colony. [Guardian]
• Bitch Flicks sounds off on animated show Legend of Korra, which has so much potential to be great (and yet!). [Bitch Flicks]
• It's officially autumn now so we can break out the "naughty" toddler Halloween costumes. [Feministing]
Comments8 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!