On Our Radar: Today's Feminist News Roundup
Starting this week, Bitch's weekly news roundup is now daily! This morning was full of Super Bowl news—we'll have more analysis of the media spectacle (Beyonce! Puppy Bowl!) later today.
• Hooray for Ravens linebacker Brendan Ayanbadejo, who used the Superbowl spotlight to advocate for LGBT rights and call out anti-gay statements of other players.
• GoDaddy does it again! They always make the worst Super Bowl ads.
• How much did Hillary influence White House politics? We might only realize her impact now that she's gone.
• The life and times of Sonia Sotomayor: The Supreme Court justice just published a memoir.
• Everybody listen up to Malala Yousafzai! The young, gravely injured Pakistani gender activist issues her first public statement.
• Here's a nice write-up of how 30 Rock dealt so subversively with race during its seven years.
• CNN news anchor Soledad O'Brien handles a sexist guest debating the women-in-combat ban just fine, thank you.
• Teen Vogue! Industry experts are surprised it's still around.
• Meanwhile, regular US Vogue has never run an Asian woman on the cover!
• A new ad tells men to go on "guyets." Do we even need to talk about why this is dumb?
• Ooolala! The first line of lingerie created by and for transgender women.
Any other news catch your eye? Add it to the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Jae Leigh (not verified)
Gordon (not verified)
Billie (not verified)