On Our Radar: Air Force Discrimination, Fatphobia, and Change.org
Here's a round-up of what we've been reading this week!
- Roseanne, really? Yesterday Roseanne Barr let transphobic tweets flow. Monica at Trans Griot shares her disappointment and goes over (again) why the bathroom-predator meme is a fallacy.
- At Ebony.com, Jamilah Lemieux has an important piece about no matter what happened to Sharmeka Moffitt, we need to examine the way we think about crimes against black women in the media.
- At Feministing, Jos Truitt writes why she's not using Change.org anymore.
- Oglala Sioux actor and activist Russell Means has passed away. Indian Country has gathered some reactions and reflections.
- Live Love Grow has 21 things to stop saying unless you hate fat people.
- Janet Mock talks to Julianne Hing about trans narratives in the media at Colorlines.
- Getting confused with all the Republican rants on rape and abortion? This Slate piece outlines who's saying what.
- We have a lot of Radiolab fans at the office, and we are all disappointed with them after reading Kao Kalia Yang's account of how the "Yellow Rain" episode actually went down. You can read her moving essay at Hyphen.
- Here's one more reason to be mad at the military: They discriminate against single mothers.
- Bitch got a shout-out for our use of "douchebag" on the Chronicle's Lingua Franca blog. Speaking of douchebags, have you voted for the seasonal douchebag?
Share what you've been reading this week in the comments!
Comments5 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
EmHarsch (not verified)
Arson Whales (not verified)
tj (not verified)
LizaK (not verified)