On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar today!
• A good round-up of the status of reproductive rights in the US and what to expect in 2014. [ColorLines]
• The first gay wedding performed during the Rose Parade, sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, used the slogan “Love Is The Best Protection”—a debatable claim for preventing the spread of HIV. [Autostraddle]
• Why does the sex-positive movement continue to marginalize sex workers? [Salon]
• Can TV shows like Doctor Who keep their longevity if they refuse to diversify? [Racialicious]
• Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor temporarily blocked the ACA’s contraceptive mandate for religious groups. [Slate]
• 10-year-old Melissa Shang is petitioning for an American Girl doll with a disability, saying, “I want other girls to know what it’s like to be me, through a disabled American Girl’s story.” You can sign the petition here. [The Mary Sue]
• When redesigning the logo for the Spokane Indians baseball team, co-owner and Washington state senator Andy Billig worked closely with the Spokane Tribe of Indians to devise two new logos: one in English, and one in Salish, the regional language of the Spokane, Coeur d’Alene, Colville and Kalispell nations. Take note, Daniel Snyder! [ICTMN]
Share what you're reading in the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
anonymousomg (not verified)
Student Nurse (not verified)
Ariele VB (not verified)
Marley (not verified)
grafik girl (not verified)