On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
It's Boxing Day! Here's all the feminist news on our radar.
• Police crackdowns on sex workers in New Orleans are potentially leading to more people dying from AIDS, according to a new report from Human Rights Watch. [ThinkProgress]
• The UN human rights chief, Navi Pillay, points out that government subversion privacy online could have broad impacts on human rights. [Guardian]
• From The Mindy Project to American Horror Story, a look a TV's (slowly) widening racial lens this year. [Colorlines]
• Scarleteen has a handy new guide for anyone who's a little intimidated to go to the doctor's office: How to deal with doctors. [Scarleteen]
• New film August Osage County is a "thespian cage match" between great veteran actors Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts. [New York Times]
• Also in theaters this weekend, Saving Mr. Banks cuts out any reference to its leading lady's bisexuality and aims to make the free-thinking creator of Mary Poppins into "the role of the disagreeable-yet-acquiescent female." [After Ellen]
• Meet the hilarious "lesbian dandy lesbian" stand-up comedian Janine Brito. [Autostraddle]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Bannef (not verified)
Forgotmydamnname (not verified)
diogenes (not verified)
fuzzyian (not verified)
Amy M (not verified)