On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar!
• In Texas, a high schooler who reported her rape was kicked out of school for "public lewdness." [MSNBC]
• Pussy Riot's Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova were realeased from prison after two years—although they're saying that it's all a PR move by Putin. [NPR]
• Monica Roberts has posted her Black Trans Year in Review, from politics to pop culture. [Transgriot]
• Why Beyonce's song "Superpower" is a love letter to radical Black insurgency. [Racialicious]
• Banned books are on the rise in America—and most are by authors of color. [The Guardian, via Feminsting]
• Sheila Bapat reports on the three best—and worst—of women's economic moments in 2013. [RH Reality Check]
• How corporate film and music media supports pedophile rapists like R Kelly and Roman Polanski. [Salon]
We'll be offline tomorrow, but share your thoughts in the comments in the meantime.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Loulette (not verified)
Pietro (not verified)
rpontikes (not verified)
Jasminevermilion (not verified)