On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar this Wednesday.
• Mother Jones answers your questions about what's happening with Congress cutting unemployment benefits in this year's budget deal. [Mother Jones]
• House Democrats introduce a measure to repeal funding for failed abstinence-only sex education in schools. [Think Progress]
• It's definitely time to stop supporting the work of R. Kelly. [Ebony]
• Bitch Flicks talks about why you should be watching Sleepy Hollow. [Bitch Flicks]
• The minimum wage in Washington, DC will be raised to $11.50 an hour by 2016. [Reuters]
• Sociological Images has a great series of pictures showing the crazy size difference in the hands of male and female Disney characters. It's so extreme that Anna in Frozen's eyeball is literally larger than her wrist. [Sociological Images]
• Anna Hill, a student at East Carolina University, created a mock advertising campaign for Photoshop and it's amazing. [Huffington Post]
Post anything we missed in the comments!
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
HP (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Anonymous1 (not verified)
Shakinboots (not verified)