On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar this morning.
• Three school staffers and a volunteer coach were indicted in helping cover up the rape case in Steubenville. [NBC]
• Indian Country Today reports the Wampanoag version of the first Thanksgiving tale. [Indian Country Today]
• Workers strike at WalMarts in at least eight cities leading up to a big protest on Black Friday. [Think Progress]
• The United States and UK struck a secret deal to allow the NSA to "unmask" Britons' personal data. [Guardian]
• Female comedians shouldn't have to take flack for being "as dirty as the guys." [Autostraddle]
• The architect of the new World Cup stadium in Qatar responds to commentary that it looks like a giant vagina. "It's really embarrassing that they come up with nonsense like this. What are they saying? Everything with a hole in it is a vagina?" architect Zaha Hadid told TIME. To be fair, it does look like a vagina, but no one blinks an eye at all the phallic architecture in the world. [Jezebel, TIME]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
zackrina (not verified)
ali a (not verified)
R. Traci Hunter (not verified)