On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today.
• Today, citizens of Albuquerque are voting on a 20-week abortion ban. [Feministing]
• While we should cheer the new female heroines like Katniss and Tris, we should also fight to see women who are not white, straight, cis, and thin on screen. [Bitch Flicks]
• US Veterans who have experienced sexual trauma are less likely to succeed in getting healthcare for PTSD from the Veterans Affairs Department. [New York Times]
• Why abortion funds are needed even in pro-choice states. [RH Reality Check]
• Just like food and water, women's safety needs to be a priority in aid after natural disasters. [NPR]
• Walmart is at it again: a store in Ohio has started a food donations station for employees (rather than paying them a livable wage), and some of its employees will be striking, and union-backed groups announce a potential federal complaint. [Salon, Think Progress]
Post anything we missed in the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Elizabeth K (not verified)
lolok (not verified)
CarrieV (not verified)
Edward Zuccarelli (not verified)
Daniel Guillot (not verified)