On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's the news that's on our radar today!
• Senate Democrats have just put forward the first piece of national legislation in nearly 10 years that aims to protect abortion rights, instead of limiting them. This is welcome news, considering the provider-targeting anti-choice techniques that have been shutting down clinics all over the country. [ThinkProgress and The American Prospect]
• In awesome news, Maya Rudolph is returning to NBC on a new variety show. [Deadline]
• Here’s a handy list of the 20 judicial (and one executive) nominees that the GOP is currently blocking without reason. [Huffington Post]
• Although domestic violence impacts overall health in a huge way, it’s not being asked about nearly enough by health professionals. [Autostraddle]
• Mother Jones explores why great female chefs get ignored. [Mother Jones]
• The new documentary “Women and the Word” features the work of queer female poets of color. [ColorLines]
Share what you're reading in the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ganer (not verified)
FYouMudFlaps (not verified)