On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar this morning...
- Devestating news from the Supreme Court: The Voting Rights Act has been gutted and has stripped back decades of Civil Rights work. [Colorlines]
- In addition, in Adoptive Couple vs. Baby Girl, a 3-year-old girl will not be returning to her biological Cherokee father, but an adoptive, non-Native couple, which will have huge consequences for the 1978 Indian Child Welfare Act. [Indian Country Today]
- Professor Kimberly Ellis, aka Dr. Goddess, breaks down the George Zimmerman trial day one (audio). [Hard Knock Radio]
- Why every American, regardless of where they live, should pay attention to the abortion restriction legislation in Texas. Here are five things you need to know about the proposed law and counter-protest. [RH Reality Check, Bitch]
- In Sweden, trans people who were forced to get sterilized are now filing a lawsuit against the state. [Pink News]
- A final appraisal of the black presence on Mad Men Season 6. [Shadow and Act]
- Female farm workers in the San Joaquin Valley are facing rape and sexual abuse in the fields. [The Fresno Bee]
- Does Alcoholics Anonymous create a predatory environment? [Pro Publica]
- Why are so many girls in juvenile detention placed in solitary confinement? [RH Reality Check]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
FitJackets (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)