On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
- Last week the Senate voted to ban violent felons from receiving food stamps. But is the data the ruling based on wrong? [Colorlines]
- Just how much is Disney invested in Native American culture when it comes to this summer's The Lone Ranger? [Indian Country]
- HuffPo just kicked off a six-part series on asexuality. [Huffington Post]
- Rad Dad wants to go big! Help this zine on radical parenting get on newsstands near you. [IndieGoGo]
- In new levels of bad taste and trolling, VICE posted a fashion spread based on the suicides of female authors. Update: They deleted it. [Salon]
- Why Port magazine's dude-editor spread is a bigger problem when it come to "women's magazines" and investigative journalism. [The New Republic]
- Author Alisa Valdes shares shares the larger problems with Hollywood and Devious Maids. [NBC Latino, via Racialicious]
- When it comes to the work-life balance, have you experienced flexibility stigma? [New York Times]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
KJM1280 (not verified)
Sarah Richardson (not verified)