On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar this morning.
• First, the NSA spied on American citizens. Then it spied on French citizens. Then it spied on the Mexican government. How much more ridiculous can this get? [Al Jazeera]
• When "Think Pink" is really more like "Think Profit": The NFL makes a ton of money off selling breast cancer awareness promotional pink merchandise this month, giving only a small slice of profits to the American Cancer Society. [Philly.com]
• Dude, just shut up. Anti-religion writer Sam Harris is trying to co-opt the success of Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai. [Salon]
• Try and make sense of this one: Kanye West is selling t-shirts emblazoned with the Confederate flag. [Clutch]
• I didn't know you could buy breast milk online. But if you do, watch out: a new study shows that much of the breast milk sold online contains high levels of bacteria. [NBC]
• A group of black women have created an interesting short film called You Can Touch My Hair that explores issues around natural hair. [Colorlines]
• New TV show Sleepy Hollow has a "new and improved" version of The X-Files' Scully in main character Abbie Mills. [Bitch Flicks]
• "Yes, I know what a gigabyte is." Autostraddle talks about sexism in the tech industry. [Autostraddle]
What did I miss? Add your links to the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Diana (not verified)
Sean (not verified)
CapeTown (not verified)
ashashash (not verified)
Comment Name (not verified)