On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar today:
• Five media outlets around the country have been working on a reproductive rights reporting project about emergency contraception (including Bitch!). Check out all the published stories on Where Is Your Plan B?, including the top five roadblocks to getting Plan B, a report on Plan B's availability in Louisville, and our story on Native American activists working to make Plan B accessible. [Where Is My Plan B]
• Unemployment is impacting youth worldwide, changing family dynamics around the globe. [Clutch]
• A big immigration rights rally is being held on the National Mall today, depsite the government shutdown. [USA Today]
• A feminist bookstore in Atlanta was vandalized with homophobic graffiti last week, after an event for the city's LGBT pride week. [Colorlines]
• The CW is developing a drama called Ze that's supposedly the first mainstream TV show centered on a trans character. [Feminspire]
• The effects of Hurricane Sandy are still being felt among people whose reproductive healthcare was hurt by the storm. [RH Reality Check]
• Cartoonist Bill Roundy did this little comic about being a gay guy who dates trans men. [Medium]
• All-star young adult author Malinda Lo has put together an annual report on LGBT characters in young adult books. This year, she found more YA books had LGBT characters—but fewer of them were published by the big mainstream publishers. Plus, there are significantly more male characters than female ones. [Malinda Lo]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
emma (not verified)
Bille (not verified)
The KamikazeKid (not verified)
adolon (not verified)
Wywoz (not verified)