On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar today!
• We're in the money! Married same-sex couples that weren't able to file their federal taxes together are now eligible for some of the money back. [CNN]
• Sen. Elizabeth Warren lays it all out regarding the government shutdown. [Upworthy]
• Rick Owens sends athletic black models down the runway. Racialicious asks if it's progress or just a different version of the same old mentality. [Racialicious]
• Marvel is running a contest based on Thor's Jane Foster: they give high school girls the tools to find and interview professional women in STEM industries, then offer a prize for the best video about the girls' love of science, career hopes, and experience talking to their new mentor. [The Mary Sue]
• Planned Parenthood is suing the state of Iowa for quietly banning the largest telemedicine abortion program in the country, a service that primarily serves low-income and rural women who can't make an in-office visit. [ThinkProgress]
• The NYC Girls Project aims to show young girls that their value comes from "their character, skills, and attributes – not appearance." [NYT]
• The Pro Voice Project is an in-progress documentary, telling the stories of five women as they tour the country speaking about their abortion experiences. Check out their Kickstarter.
What's on your radar?
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous_2 (not verified)
ALLTorrentPlayer (not verified)
Carolyn (not verified)
Peggy Doherty (not verified)