On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar this Wednesday.
• Shakesville breaks down the consequences of electing conservative Tony Abbott as the new Prime Minister of Australia. [Shakesville]
• Diane Anderson-Minshall of The Advocate explains why she's going to see the new Enders Game film despite Orson Scott Card's homophobic views. [The Advocate]
• "Just who counts as a 'woman of color?'" [Code Switch]
• Contrary to the idea that women's biological clocks are ticking faster, rates of infertility have actually gone down among U.S. women in the last three decades. [Bedsider]
• In economic news: Nearly 1 in 5 adults is still living with their parents. [Sociological Images]
• Captain Awkward gives great advice on how to deal with a partner who won't help out with their share of household chores. [Captain Awkward]
• The Census released new poverty statistics that shows the rate of Americans without health insurance has decreased, but race is still a defining factor. [Colorlines]
Share what you're reading in the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
angel-girl (not verified)
courtney_autumn (not verified)
chicago (not verified)
JX (not verified)
Dotti (not verified)