On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar this morning.
• Bedsider breaks down how the Affordable Care Act will affect your birth control coverage on October 1st. [Bedsider]
• Sexism in the new Riddick movie: "The constant use of violence against women as emotional leverage for the audience is a cheap trick." [The Mary Sue]
• The Aibai Culture and Education Center published some disheartening infographics about coming out as LGBTQ in the Chinese workplace. [The Atlantic]
• Xena: Warrior Princess actress Jennifer Sky talks sexism in the modeling industry vs. the acting industry. [The New York Times]
• The Oklahoma School District that reprimanded a 7-year-old girl for wearing dreadlocks has changed its policies on allowing "faddish" hairstyles. [Colorlines]
• Sickening images of a fan with an impaled and severed costume Indian head illustrate why using Native Americans as mascots is not okay. [Racialicious]
Photo via Racialicious.
Post anything we missed in the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!