On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar!
• Two teen Muslim girls in the Bronx were allegedly beaten up and had their hijabs removed by two NYPD officers. [Dispatches from the Underclass]
• In response to Richard Cohen's deplorable piece in the Washington Post, here's "Six Things You Should Know When You're Talking About Rape, Black Women, and Dancing." [Femamom]
• Bitch Flicks has a whole week of content about women, sports, and film. Browse them all in one place. [Bitch Flicks]
• Apropos of some articles in the new issue, poet Aya de Leon takes on a recent, viral slut-shaming and brings it back around to rape jokes and rape culture (video; content warning: assault, victim blaming). [Aya Writes]
• Do's and don'ts for progressives discussing Syria. [Mondoweiss]
• The public art series Stop Telling Women to Smile is doing a Kickstarter to bring the project on the road. [STWTS]
• A Navajo language app is now available for Android. [Native News Network]
Share what you're reading in the comments.
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Student Nurse (not verified)
Ariele VB (not verified)
Marley (not verified)
grafik girl (not verified)
janebrendan (not verified)