On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what I'm reading today:
• I love everything about this article: 15 trailblazing women who helped create the internet. [Autostraddle]
• One detail that might help explain the wage gap: According to a new study, employers may be more likely to lie to women than men during job negotiations. [Salon]
• Writer Monica Simpson looks at the history of reproductive rights and social justice organizations shunning the label "pro-choice" in favor of a broader message. [RH Reality Check]
• Let go of your precious childhood memories right now: the co-writer of Frozen, Jennifer Lee, will adapt A Wrinkle in Time into a Disney film. [The Mary Sue]
• The great Laverne Cox had a funny little bit on Conan O'Brien. [Conan]
• I didn't know anything about the first Asian-American superhero, the Green Turtle. Now, 27 artists are helping bring him back to the mainstream. [Colorlines]
• If you haven't heard our newest podcast, The Myth of the Strong Black Woman, the conversation is really interesting. Listen in. [Bitch]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ganer (not verified)
FYouMudFlaps (not verified)