On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
• The African American Policy Forum is bringing together women and girls of color to talk about their experiences, in light of the My Brother's Keeper initiative, which is focused just on men. [Colorlines]
• Katy Perry doesn't care about cultural appropriation. She told Rolling Stone that she was sick of hearing about how she's offensive, “I guess I’ll just stick to baseball and hot dogs, and that’s it.” [Clutch]
• People in Florida are pushing for the release of Marissa Alexander during "Stand Your Ground" week. [Amsterdam News]
• Friends and family are reeling after two transgender women of color have been killed in Baltimore in the past six weeks. [Guardian]
• Looking at photos of a pair of black and white twins reminds us how race is socially constructed. [Sociological Images]
• And just for fun: How to tell if you are living in a lesbian pulp novel. [The Toast]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Loulette (not verified)
Pietro (not verified)
rpontikes (not verified)
Jasminevermilion (not verified)