On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar today:
• Janet Mock is joining the staff of Marie Clare as a contributing editor—she says she will not "just be thrown into a corner as the trans correspondent." [Poynter]
• PBS is hosting an interesting short film (just seven minutes!) about an Indian-American couple adjusting to life in the suburbs. [PBS]
• New studies show that a certain type of hysterectomy procedure increases the risk of cancer, as the surgery can slice open uterine tumors that women didn't know they had. [New York Times]
• Rick Perry wants to send in the National Guard to stop child migrants at the Mexican-American border. Ugh. [Colorlines]
• Having even one woman on a company's board helps improve corporate management. [NBC]
• Hello Netflix queue: This list of 50 great American films with female directors includes some winners. [The Mary Sue]
• And finally, a little video from a definitely not fake Hobby Lobby regional manager about how to knit your own birth control:
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ner456 (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Asliani (not verified)
Jessica Goodman (not verified)