On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news we're reading today:
• Marvel revealed that a brand new Thor comic book series coming out this October will cast a woman as the title hero. [IndieWire]
• Online magazine The Feminist Times has, sadly, shut down due to lack of funding. [Huffington Post]
• Is anyone surprised that tech conferences are a breeding ground for racist misogyny? [Quartz]
• BREAKING NEWS: women can even be sexy at 42. [Daily News]
• Nathan Rabin, creator of the phrase "manic pixie dream girl," apologizes to all the ukulele playing/glitter-tossing MPDGs out there. [Salon]
• In genital news, you can engrave “penis” into your iPad but not “vagina." [The Telegraph]
• The Confessions of a Witch Bitch, which is self-described as "Bewitched meets Mean Girls,” is a new satirical web series trying to bring more women of color into geekdom via a Kickstarter. [Kickstarter]
• Kristen Stewart, Anne Hathaway, and Brie Larson form the dream girl group in a new Jenny Lewis music video. [Youtube]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Arson Whales (not verified)
tj (not verified)
LizaK (not verified)
Godsey (not verified)