On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• A major story in the New York Times looks at how colleges handle sexual assault and how they often fail students. [New York Times]
• Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and undocumented immigrant Jose Antonio Vargas has been detained by Border Patrol and has been held for several days. [Colorlines]
• New film This is a Stereotype looks at misconceptions of Native Americans in our history and today. [Racialicious]
• Obama's My Brother's Keeper initiative aims to improve the lives and opportunities of young black men—but what about young black women? [Aya de Leon]
• Two transgender women say the West Virginia DMV turned them away when they tried to update their licenses to reflect their gender identity. [Rh Reality Check]
• A Japanese artist was arrested for distributing "obscene" material: an image of her own vagina, which she uses to make vaginal dioramas and other crafts. [The Mary Sue, photo from Megumi Igarashi’s website]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Nann (not verified)
Geronimo Redstone (not verified)
Jerry shaw (not verified)
Melissa.rich (not verified)
Athena (not verified)