On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• Looking for a new hobby? Jasmine Shea went into her local Hobby Lobby and did a little rearranging. [Twitter]
• Writer Soraya Chemaly lays out the facts on how men take up more space and time in conversations and classrooms—but women are more likely to be seen as "hogging" time. [Role Reboot]
• What are the worst states for women? Crunching the numbers on how women fare economically in each state reveals that women are worse off in the South than elsewhere. [ThinkProgress]
• Speaking of making the country worse for women... states around the country have enacted 21 abortion restriction laws this year so far, which is actually fewer than in recent years. [RH Reality Check]
• The World Cup's focus on male soccer players' stats erases the sport's highest-scoring players: women. [Jezebel]
• There's no two ways about it: the press has always had a habit of shaming women for profit. [The Guardian]
• A Bitch contributor and a former Bitch design intern are launching the second issue of a rad feminism and food magazine: check out the fundraising campaign for Render. [Kickstarter]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments9 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
HP (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Anonymous1 (not verified)
Shakinboots (not verified)