On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• It's depressing that the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in favor of allowing religious exemptions for birth control coverage. But here are some of the best lines of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg's dissent in the case. RGB FTW. [Mother Jones]
• Last week's ruling at the Supreme Court that the 35-foot protest buffer zones around abortion clinics are illegal shows how pregnant women's bodies are constantly policed and commented upon. [Susan Sered]
• Meanwhile, this is what it's really like around a women's health clinic's buffer zone. [RH Reality Check]
• Walmart has been penalized for shutting down a store after workers attempted to unionize. [Think Progress]
• A new tampon advetisement reflects what it means to act "like a girl." [Slate]
Did I miss anything? Add what you're reading in the comments below.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
dryan (not verified)
Sily (not verified)
SCT (not verified)